16mm polycarbonate sheets are useful in a number of different applications due to their durability and strength. With excellent fire resistant and thermal insulation properties, these polycarbonate sheets are versatile and ideal for many projects
16mm Polycarbonate Sheets
Our range of 16mm polycarbonate sheets are available in clear, bronze and opal featuring:
- 2.7kg/sqmt weight
- 2.3 U-value
- +/-5mm cutting tolerances
You'll also find the light transmission are as follows:
- 76% Clear
- 35% Bronze
- 48% Opal
At Varico Ltd, all of our 16mm polycarbonate roofing sheets come with a 10 years manufacturer's limited warranty.
Benefits of 16mm Polycarbonate Sheets
There are several benefits to these polycarbonate sheets to take advantage of. Some advantages include:
- Lightweight yet resistant to impact - despite being lightweight, they are still strong enough to withstand impact
- Easy to install - as they are lightweight, they are extremely easy to install and handle, making them a time-efficient solution as well
- Weather and UV resistant - whatever the weather throws at it, you can expect polycarbonate sheets to be resilient against the elements; they also block UV light due to their special coating that protects against UV light
- Energy-saving - a triplewall polycarbonate sheet is extremely energy-efficient due to its thermal insulation properties, making it ideal for retaining heat within a space; save costs on energy bills with 16mm polycarbonate sheets
Polycarbonate sheets can be applied in various ways but are most commonly used for:
- Roofing - 16mm polycarbonate roofing sheets are excellent as a roofing material since it can withstand extreme weather conditions and reflects UV rays; as a result, you’ll find them used for carports, and part of greenhouse and/or conservatory roofs
- Vertical glazing - a triplewall polycarbonate sheet can be used to achieve vertical glazing, allowing sufficient light to come through whilst cutting down on electrical expenses
- Greenhouses - an entire greenhouse can be built using polycarbonate sheets as they’re often cheaper and stronger than glass
There are different methods of installation depending on the finish that you are going for. Please consult with the manufacturer’s guide on how to properly connect and install your polycarbonate sheets.
However, it is important to take the following precautions when handling polycarbonate sheets:
- Avoid leaving pallet in the rain or direct sunlight for extended periods
- Use appropriate cutting equipment when cutting the sheets, supporting the sheet
- Always use a stepping ladder or crawling boards to access the sheets for installation and maintenance (don’t assume they can handle your weight)
- Avoid repeated sliding of sheets over each other
Maintenance and Care
For the best long-term results, it’s crucial that you properly maintain and care for your polycarbonate sheets. Particularly, ensure that you regularly wash small areas with mild, diluted household detergents that don’t contain abrasives or solvents. Use a sponge or brush with warm/hot water to brush away stains, rinsing with water and drying with a soft cloth.
So if you’re looking for polycarbonate roofing UK, Varico Ltd. has got you covered with our collection of 16mm polycarbonate roofing sheets.